Monday, April 04, 2011

Sunrise of the Soul
by Jo Winkowitsch

I walked in humble awe today,
Overtaken by the lessons and beauty
as the cold, lonely night was transfigured
by Morning's warm touch.
She lifted her brilliant yellow, pink and blue glory
from where she had hidden all night,
and brought a sea of light to the once-dark world...
(A world which had long been held captive
In monotone hues and discouraging horizons).
She whispered to me
that she must be appreciated
and experienced in the present moment...
with eyes and hearts intoxicated
by her gentle strength and beauty.
If not, she would be missed.
Pushing her head up...
She displaced the darkness,
and glowed with the blessed hope
of Promise, of Beauty, of Peace.
I am struck with how this mirrors life.
I see a glimmer of what is to be
as I awaken from a long sleep
to fix my eyes on a surprising majesty
and splendor being offered by a
sweet sunrise in my soul.
I dare not describe it to you...
for words seem flat and lacking...
but my heart is beginning to delight in,
and be excited by what I see and feel...
For now Light is dancing with what was...
I wonder if such a sunrise is best shared
by those who find themselves
content to be standing close...
sharing their views as they dare to look...
I cannot answer that question alone...
So
Today...
I watch the sunrise and wait
to see
what she will reveal,
and who will stay with me
to enjoy what she has to offer.
My heart overflows with tears of joy
as I thank God
for the opportunity to witness and experience
the amazing mystery of a new day dawning... ...
For Night said it would never be so...
( written 8 months after Joslin died )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home